In my previous post I explained how I generated the sequences used in the Lynx Fastlife app – which you can read about here. Now I’m gonna run through how I did the overlays and data insertion for the app – the part that I think is the really cool part.
Its one of the biggest and most complex projects I have had to work on in a long time and I thought it was worth going through some of the key elements explain how we got it done.
A while back I was given the task of trying to animate a banner that was to go on a site we were building at Visual Jazz. All in a usual days work I thought until I saw the design mockup and realised it had been photo-shopped to the bejeezus.
The idea behind it was that it was meant to look like when you take a sparkler and move it around really fast in the air – the glow leaves a line of light behind it for a few seconds.
After a fair bit of messing around I finally came up with something I think looked pretty cool, which you can check out here…
The Lynx Fast Life campaign I worked on at Visual Jazz had a design style that was just screaming for more than just the usual blurs and fades you usually use on a flash website. Something that looked more like After Effects then flash.
After a bit of messing around with prototypes I finally came up with something I thought looked pretty cool and it ended up getting used throughout the entire site.
It is a pretty awesome video / facebook / integration site that pulls data from your Facebook account and generates a glimpse of what your life would have been like if the world wasn’t going to end in 2012.
It was a massive effort from a number of people from different agencies and it all came together beautifully in the end.
I will be doing a bit of a write up on some of the technical stuff I had to deal with soon, but in the mean time be sure to go and check it out at http://www.lynxfastlife.com/
The concept was to create a section of Cuddles Town – the home town of the Bananas and all their friends – using the new design style of the revamped show.
Why someone would want to hack my site, I don’t know. Looked like they were trying to redirect some traffic their way.
Hopefully I have patched up everything now – I guess I’ll find out soon enough if I haven’t :p
Sorry to anyone that may have been effected by the site being down. Hopefully there will be some new posts coming soon
Two of the flash games I have created for the DefenceJobs Games site have been fully reworked and for the iPhone and iPad. Yay!
Some of the clever guys I work with at Visual Jazz (looking at you Tom) have taken my AS3 code and reworked it to play nice with Apples nifty little machines. Best of all, you can download them for free!
Not too long ago I was given the task of making some old AS1 and AS2 games work inside a brand new AS3 site that we had built for a client. Whilst the basic concept seemed simple enough – load it in with a Loader – I soon realised there were a bunch of problems that needed to be addressed – most of which I couldn’t find any information on.
For the sake of others I have compiled a list of these here, along with the solutions I found, when there was one.
Here is a quick summary of some of the techniques I used when building this game.