Guide your frog to eat as many bugs as he can before the time runs out! Be warned though, the bugs will fight back!
Grabbit is a fast paced action game of skill, accuracy and endurance where you use your frog’s tongue to swat as many bugs as you can. With arcade style power-ups, hazards and 3 different styles of play you are sure to be wearing your fingers out.
We are hoping to release an updated version in the future with support for more devices.
Use your tongue to catch as many bugs as you can – that’s pretty much it!
1. Press down on your Frog
2. Swipe to where you want to aim.
3. Your frog’s tongue will
go to that position
Meet the bugs
Here are some of the bugs you will encounter in your travels
The most basic of bugs – easy to catch
A little bit faster but still easy to catch
A little bit faster and more random
The fastest and most random of the basic bugs
Small, fast and very random
A little bit slow, but will sometime fight back
Slow moving but gives you a shock if you try to eat it when it is lit up
Smaller than the normal bugs, they fly in single file across the screen
10pts each, or 1000pts if you catch them all. In Classic you also get a 10sec time bonus if you catch them all
Here are the different power-ups you may see in the game:
These power-ups will give you a bit of an advantage
Protects you from most hazards and speeds up the speed of your tongue
Makes your tongue twice as wide so it is easier to catch bugs
Gives you a secondary frog to control
Slows down the the world so it is easier to catch the bugs
Makes all the bugs on your screen grow so that they are easier to catch
Gives you a random power-up from this list
Head to Head Good Power-ups
These power-ups will slow down your opponent (only available in head to head)
Covers up your opponent’s screen with an ink splat so that they cannot see properly
Causes your opponent to get struck by lightning
Makes all the bugs on your opponents screen shrink so they are harder to catch
Ties a knot in your opponents frog so it is harder for them to catch bugs
Drops a crate on your opponents head
Causes an Anvil to fall on your opponents head
Avoid these if you can – they will slow you down.
Covers up your screen with an ink splat making it hard for you to see
Ties a knot in your frog’s tongue reducing your overall range
Makes all the bugs on your screen shrink so they are harder to catch
Drops a crate on your head
Drops an Anvil on your head
Sometime a Bee will carry in an Anvil with the intention of dropping it on your head. If you are quick enough you can get the bug before he is over you and he will safely drop the anvil next to you.
Just like an Anvil, a Bee will sometimes carry in a crate. The only difference is that a crate will sometimes contain a power-up that is released when it breaks open.
Tips and Tricks
Here’s some tips for getting good scores
- Don’t stop – Try and keep a steady pace and don’t take too long to thing about it
- Accuracy over speed – you can’t shoot again until your mouth is closed so don’t waste energy constantly swiping
- Go for Combos – the score you get for catching bugs in multiplied by the combo. Great Combos give you 10x the usual score, and Mega Combos give you 20x the normal score
- Keep a both hands free – the twin combo can be really powerful, but its hard to use with just one hand
- Go nuts with the Invincible power-up – especially when going up against Fire Flies.
- Grab the bugs carrying the Bad Power-ups – they are worth 100pts. Just avoid the power-up once it starts to fall
- Tap to recover – if you get stunned, start tapping on your frog to make him recover faster
- Have fun – its just a game after all