In my previous post I explained how I generated the sequences used in the Lynx Fastlife app – which you can read about here. Now I’m gonna run through how I did the overlays and data insertion for the app – the part that I think is the really cool part.
Its one of the biggest and most complex projects I have had to work on in a long time and I thought it was worth going through some of the key elements explain how we got it done.
A while back I was given the task of trying to animate a banner that was to go on a site we were building at Visual Jazz. All in a usual days work I thought until I saw the design mockup and realised it had been photo-shopped to the bejeezus.
The idea behind it was that it was meant to look like when you take a sparkler and move it around really fast in the air – the glow leaves a line of light behind it for a few seconds.
After a fair bit of messing around I finally came up with something I think looked pretty cool, which you can check out here…
The Lynx Fast Life campaign I worked on at Visual Jazz had a design style that was just screaming for more than just the usual blurs and fades you usually use on a flash website. Something that looked more like After Effects then flash.
After a bit of messing around with prototypes I finally came up with something I thought looked pretty cool and it ended up getting used throughout the entire site.
Not too long ago I was given the task of making some old AS1 and AS2 games work inside a brand new AS3 site that we had built for a client. Whilst the basic concept seemed simple enough – load it in with a Loader – I soon realised there were a bunch of problems that needed to be addressed – most of which I couldn’t find any information on.
For the sake of others I have compiled a list of these here, along with the solutions I found, when there was one.
Here is a quick summary of some of the techniques I used when building this game.
Take control of three Australian navel ships and lead them on a mission to destroy the enemy base whilst protecting your own.
The rest was a combination of some basic 3D and a few little tricks. To find out more, read on
Striker Fighter is an 80′s style arcade shooter that I built at Visual Jazz for the Defence Jobs Games website. It was really fun to build and really fun to play. At least, I think it is. I spent so long on it that it has become hard to tell
It was actually completed months ago, I’ve just been lazy about adding it to my site.
Whith a very unique style and heaps of options you are sure to create some very cooky characters.